The TRADITIONAL AGE for SACRAMENT PREPARATION and to receive First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion is 2nd grade.
Children must be baptized. Place of Baptism is required for sacrament records. If your child was baptized at a parish other than St. Paul the Apostle please submit a copy of baptismal certificate to the Faith Formation Office.
Families must be active members of the parish and be regularly attending weekly Sunday Mass.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is received prior to the celebration and reception of First Holy Communion. The children preparing for Reconciliation are properly catechized before receiving the sacrament.
All children from St. Paul the Apostle School, Elementary Faith Formation, and Faith @ Home Study programs participate in multiple formation events.
Preparation consists of classroom instruction, parent/ child catechesis gatherings and a Bread Making Retreat at the Fransiscan Life Process Center.
- Parent-Child Reconciliation Catechesis – Thursday November 18 from 6:30-7:45 PM
- Celebration of First Reconciliation – Thursday March 10 from 6:30-7:45 PM
- Parent-Child Communion Bread Making Retreat – Saturday March 26 from 9 AM- Noon
- Celebration of First Holy Communion – Sunday May 1 at 2 PM
- Corpus Christi Procession lead by First Communicants – Sunday June 19
Those seeking the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion who are not in the second grade, please register for the Sacraments of Initiation Catechesis for Children program.
For more information contact Jeanne Winkelmann firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 949-4170 ext. 243.