Dear Parents, Students, and Teachers,
This year, the library is getting into the fall spirit by having a pumpkin decorating contest. SPA students and their families are invited to decorate a pumpkin like their favorite book character. It’s easy and fun for everyone! Please bring in a decorated pumpkin to the SPA media center and enter it into our contest. Entries must be received by October 26th.
1. One pumpkin per family.
2. NO CARVED PUMPKINS! Carved pumpkins rot, attract bugs, and smell. Most importantly, we don’t want a child handling a knife or carving tools. Pumpkins may be painted, hot glued, colored, and decorated. Gourds and other pumpkin-like squash (real or artificial) may be used.
3. This project should mostly be done by students. K thru 2nd-grade students may work with parents to complete a pumpkin as a “family.” 3rd-8th grade students should do most of the work themselves, with only some assistance by parents.
5. Do not write your name anywhere on the pumpkin. Your entry form information will be used to make a display card for the pumpkin.
6. Students will conduct judging.
7. Prizes: There will be one 1 st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner
8. After judging, pumpkins may be picked up on Friday, October 30th.